Non-Degree Seeking Students
The Health Science Center recognizes that some students may wish to be admitted to the School of Public Health for the purpose of taking courses not necessarily leading to an advanced degree. The School of Public Health admits non-degree seeking students during the fall, spring and summer semesters. The application deadlines are as follows:
|Semester||Admission Deadline||Classes Begin|
|Fall 2010||March 15, 2010||August 23, 2010|
|Spring 2011||June 1, 2010||January 10, 2011|
|Summer 2010||February 1, 2011|
|Session I:||May 31, 2011|
|Session II:||July 5, 2011|
|Summer Institute||June 1, 2011||June 27, 2011|
|Fall 2011||March 15, 2011||August 22, 2011|
Applicants to the Non-Degree program will fall under one of the following admissions categories:
- Non-Degree Admission: Accepted to take a maximum of 12 SCH
- Incomplete: Missing application materials.
Non-Degree Admission Requirements
Admission to the School of Public Health as a non-degree seeking student may be granted subject to the following provisions:
- Student must hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution; have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or better; and meet the application deadlines
- The student in this status is required to receive credit in all graduate courses taken and must maintain a GPA of 3.0 on all courses attempted
- A student who is admitted to non-degree status has no assurance that work completed under this status will be applicable toward degree requirements if he or she subsequently be admitted to a degree program at the Health Science Center. A maximum of 12 SCH may be taken. Completion of departmental graduate courses by non-degree students does not obligate the School of Public Health to grant admission to a degree program at a later date, unless all general and specific requirements for admission to that program have been met
- International applicants are not eligible for non-degree admission
- To be considered for admission, the applicant must file the following official credentials with the School of Public Health Office of Student & Academic Services
- Application fee
- Complete application (download from www.hsc.unt.edu)
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Interviews on campus or b y telephone at the student's request are always welcome.
Admissions Decisions and Deferments for Non-Degree Students
Applicants will be furnished written notification regarding their admission status by the SPH Office of Student and Academic Services. Statements by other Health Science Center personnel concerning the applicant's admissibility are not valid until confirmed in writing by the Office of Student and Academic Services.
Students who are admitted as non-degree-seeking and plan to enroll are required to submit an Admissions Decision Form along with a non-refundable $200 assurance fee that will be used toward tuition upon arrival.
Information submitted in the application materials must be complete and correct. Prospective and current students must notify the proper institution officials regarding any changes in the information provided on their application. Falsification or omission of any information on the application documents will void a student's admission, cancel their enrollment, and/or result in appropriate disciplinary action.
All materials submitted during the application process become the property of the Health Science Center and cannot be returned.
This page last modified May 24, 2010