UNTHSC Logo UNT Health Science Center Catalog 2010 - 2011

Campus Resources

Health Services

Health care services are available to students through the UNT Health Science Center's Central Family Practice Clinic. The student is responsible for all appropriate fees and must provide proof of insurance. Referrals to specialty clinics must be approved by Student Health Services or the student's primary care physician. For more information, please contact the Central Family Practice Clinic at 817-735-5051.


The Health Science Center does not provide on-campus student housing. However, students will find a variety of housing opportunities in the area. Every student is responsible for making his or her own housing arrangement. Please visit http://students.hsc.unt.edu and click on "housing opportunities" to see a current list of possible housing options. The Health Science Center does not assume any responsibility in housing arrangements but does support the federal housing policies that housing owners not discriminate because of race, color, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or national origin. For more information about these services, please contact the Office of Student Development at 817-735-5006.

Food Service

Snack food is available from various on-campus vending machines. Lunch is served daily in the Stairwell Café, located on the first floor of the library.

Police Department

The Health Science Center Police Department operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Police officers are fully licensed peace officers vested with all the powers, privileges, and immunities of peace officers in the State of Texas. They are authorized to function as the local law enforcement authority in all counties in which property is owned, leased, rented or otherwise under the control of the Health Science Center. The non-emergency phone number for the Police Department is 817-735-2210. For emergencies, please dial 2600 from any campus phone.

Motor Vehicle Registration

Those who operate motor vehicles and bicycles on campus must comply with the Texas Uniform Traffic Code and the published regulations regarding vehicle and bicycle use, parking, display of permits, and penalties for violations. Details are available at http://students.hsc.unt.edu.

Veterans' Benefits

The Health Science Center is approved by the Texas Workforce Commission for the training of men and women who have served in the armed forces. Assistance is provided to students who are on active duty or are veterans. Veterans should contact the Office of the Registrar for the appropriate forms to establish eligibility for assistance. The completed forms and a copy of Form DD-214 must be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar.

Veterans must maintain the minimum passing grade for their academic program to remain eligible to receive veterans' benefits.

The Office of the Registrar can answer questions regarding veterans' benefits.

This page last modified April 29, 2010