Becoming a Top 10 health science center requires us to assess and continually improve our performance. UNTHSC relies upon a Plan-Do-Check-Act model of performance improvement.
1. Select the problem/process that will be addressed and describe the improvement opportunity.
2. Describe the current process surrounding the improvement opportunity.
3. Describe all of the possible causes of the problem and agree on the root cause(s).
4. Develop an effective and workable solution and action plan, including targets for improvement.
5. Implement the solution or process change.
6. Review and evaluate the result of the change.
7. Reflect and act on learnings.
Source: The Memory Jogger: A Pocket Guide of Tools for Continuous Improvement and Effective Planning. Copies available from OSM.