This section is intended for informational purposes only. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this area are not necessarily endorsed by UNTHSC. Please limit posting activity to one posting per requesting organization/individual per week. If necessary, list multiple position openings in a single weekly or monthly posting in order to conserve space. Once approved, ads will remain posted for 60 days. For an extension over 60 days, please email James Renfro, Assistant Director, Career Services, Office of Student Development.
Looking for a Licensed Physician Assistant for a specialized clinic in North Houston. The PA will get full training and work directly with the doctor for training. The patient average is 3-5 new patients per day and work day 9:30am - 4pm, Tuesday thru Saturday. Pay is $300.00 per day ($96k per year).
Physician Assistant Job Duties:
• Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
• Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
• Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
• Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Performs therapeutic procedures and administers injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
• Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.