MinuteClinic is the largest provider of retail health care in the nation and continues to be reaccredited by The Joint Commission. MinuteClinic’s unique structure and approach to health care offers a rewarding alternative to the traditional patient care practice, focused on autonomy, empowerment, education and evidence-based patient care. MinuteClinic operates the most retail clinics in the nation, employs the most Nurse Practitioners and is partnered with some of the largest health care systems in the country!
Working autonomously, MinuteClinic Physician Assistants (PA) conduct physical assessments, perform and interpret diagnostic tests, diagnose and treat common conditions, provide screenings, interventions, counseling, and prescribe medications as needed to patients in specified age categories.
• Provide accurate assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of common family illnesses for patients over 18 months
• Help patients manage their well-being with vaccinations and patient education
• Ensure patient information, visit history, refer outs, lab follow-up, phone calls, and consults are carefully and completely documented in the EMR
• Identify opportunities within local communities for development of outreach activities
• Daily use of computer, software programs (EMR), printer, scanner, and credit/debit card equipment
• Develop a close working relationship with store manager and pharmacist at the clinic location
• Perform non-clinical tasks as required (e.g. reporting, vaccination temperature management, maintain clinic appearance)
• Complete financial responsibilities pertaining to customer payments
• Willing to travel to other local MinuteClinic locations when necessary
TRAINING: We are officially accredited by the ANCC as a nursing continuing education provider! At MinuteClinic, you will have the tools, training and resources needed to provide expert health care to those in need and educate your patients to live healthier lives.
GROWTH: By managing your own clinic you will develop business administrative skills which can lead to various internal growth options, such as our managers, who are consistently hired from within!
SUPPORT: MinuteClinic offers its practitioners an environment of supportive autonomy. Our managers and collaborating physicians are always available for consultation, mentorship and support. In addition to our electronic medical records (EMR) system which, supports our use of evidence-based practice.
BENEFITS: We offer several scheduling options that provide a desired work-life balance. In addition to competitive pay, MinuteClinic offers a comprehensive benefits plan, including a 401k match and incentive programs.
What Does it Take to be a MinuteClinic NP?
Passion for the MinuteClinic concept and vision
• Masters of Science in Physician Assistant studies
• National Certification as a Physician Assistant
• Current PA License in applicable state
• Minimum two years related experience
• Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
• Outstanding organization skills and ability to multi-task
• Initiative, creativity, problem-solving ability, adaptability, and flexibility
• Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
• Ability to collaborate with professional colleagues as necessary to provide quality care
• Ability to consistently present a friendly, welcoming, and professional public-facing appearance