This section is intended for informational purposes only. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this area are not necessarily endorsed by UNTHSC. Please limit posting activity to one posting per requesting organization/individual per week. If necessary, list multiple position openings in a single weekly or monthly posting in order to conserve space. Once approved, ads will remain posted for 60 days. For an extension over 60 days, please email James Renfro, Assistant Director, Career Services, Office of Student Development.
Physician Assistant - Family Medicine & Pediatrics
Salary: Contract Work/Hourly
DATE POSTED: 02/18/2013
JOB: PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
FULL TIME/PART TIME: BOTH
EMPLOYMENT/CONTRACT WORK: CONTRACT WORK
VISA WAIVER AVAILABLE: NO
We are seeking dedicated providers to be part of our Family Medicine & Pediatrics clinic.
*Work hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm busy practice with strong patient base
*Competitive hourly rate
*EMR (Mysis Myway) and X-Ray onsite
Description: Physician Assistant - Family Medicine & Pediatrics
Physician Assistant: Promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
Physician Assistant Job Duties:
• Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
• Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
• Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
• Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
• Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Physiological Knowledge, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development
The ideal candidate must have own transportation and must be enthusiastic and self-motivated.
Office Hours are Monday - Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm
• Current Texas licensure
• Current DEA and DPS licensure
• Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant Program
• Experience in FP, IM, PEDIATRICS or ER
• Bilingual a plus
CONTACT INFORMATION: E-MAIL CURRENT CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax Number: 214-730-4281