United Medical, LLC – Newark, DE
United Medical, LLC is seeking a physician assistant to join one of our medical practice in Delaware. We are looking for an independent, self-starter who is an enthusiastic and caring individual to provide comprehensive healthcare enabling our patients to maintain a full and active lifestyle.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leader in bariatric and general surgery. Our three locations are fully equipped with all of the essential medical equipment and supplies. Each of our practices utilizes Cerner PowerChart, linking the providers with a vast network for coordinated patient care.
Located in the Mid-Atlantic region, the area offers excellent private and public schools, world renowned universities and hospitals, cultural and entertainment venues abound as well as unlimited real estate options.
This full-time position offers excellent quality of life, competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical insurance, paid discretionary time and holidays, CME allowance and much more.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Administrator to ensure comprehensive delivery of services and quality patient care.
- Evaluate medical procedures and everyday situations and suggest ways to improve delivery of service and profitability.
- Participate in growth plans.
- Provide medical treatment for illnesses and injuries. Services must be limited to: services within the training or experience of the physician assistant, services customary to the practice of the supervising physician, services delegated by the supervising physician.
- Chart all patient transactions in accordance with company policies and procedures. Write orders and record progress notes which will be reviewed and countersigned by the supervising physician.
- Communicate and work with medical staff to ensure coordinated efforts for the provision of high quality medical treatment and patient service.
- Assist management in identifying, analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing clinical methods and procedures and suggest improvements.
- Assist clinical staff in understanding and complying with policies and procedures.
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Knowledge of professional medical practices.
- Knowledge of organizational and medical policies, regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe medical environment.
- Skill in developing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintaining medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the administrative/management team.
Applicants should email a CV and a cover letter. Additionally, applicants should complete our Physician Questionnaire at: http://www.umusa.net/site-mapped/side-pages/opportunities/physician-opps/physicianopps.html
Although not required to initiate the application process, all applicants should prepare to submit 2-3 letters of recommendation.
More information on United Medical, LLC can be found at http://www.umusa.net/