This section is intended for informational purposes only. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this area are not necessarily endorsed by UNTHSC. Please limit posting activity to one posting per requesting organization/individual per week. If necessary, list multiple position openings in a single weekly or monthly posting in order to conserve space. Once approved, ads will remain posted for 60 days. For an extension over 60 days, please email James Renfro, Assistant Director, Career Services, Office of Student Development.
Salary: 90,000 and up
Responsible for providing medical services including assessment and management of oncology and hematology patients in the clinic following established standards and practices. Performs medical assessments on patients, obtains medical history and record findings. Orders appropriate laboratory and interprets and integrates data to determine therapeutic plan. Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Collaborates with physicians in management of patient medical needs. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and electronic records. Posts tests and examination results. Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation. Maintains government regulated HIPAA guidelines.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Must be licensed with Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners as an advanced practice nurse or acute care nurse practitioner.
• Must be able to communicate with patients, peers, physicians and the general public
• Must have telephone communication and etiquette skills
• Must have basic computer skills, including word processing, keyboarding and ability to learn computerized scheduling and charting system.
• Must have professional appearance
• Must be capable of managing multiple tasks
• Must be a team player