This section is intended for informational purposes only. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this area are not necessarily endorsed by UNTHSC. Please limit posting activity to one posting per requesting organization/individual per week. If necessary, list multiple position openings in a single weekly or monthly posting in order to conserve space. Once approved, ads will remain posted for 60 days. For an extension over 60 days, please email James Renfro, Assistant Director, Career Services, Office of Student Development.
Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
USMD Inc. is an innovative, integrated health system, led by physicians rather than third-party entities, committed to maintaining the vital doctor-patient relationship, ensuring better quality and more affordable care to patients. Most importantly, our physicians place the patients' needs above all else.
Currently we have opening for a full-time Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner for our OB/GYN clinic located in Denton, Texas.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Obtains medical histories and performs physical examinations.
• Diagnoses and treats acute health problems such as infections and injuries
• Diagnoses and treats, and monitors chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure
• Orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic studies such as lab work and x-rays.
• Prescribes medications, administers injections, and other treatments as directed by the physician
• Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
• Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Post test and examination results.
• Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
• Manages medical and surgical emergencies.
• Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
• Assists the physician as required in any other procedures or duties.
• Attends required meetings and participates in team activities and professional development activities.
• Performs any other job-related duties as assigned by the physician or site manager.
• Successful completion of an approved Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner program
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent
• Valid state Registered Nurse license and ANA certification
• Three years professional nursing experience in a clinic environment
• Ability to work in a stressful environment under deadline situations.
• Ability to communicate with coworkers and patients in an effective, discretionary manner.
• Ability to use a computer and enter data in an electronic medical record application.
We offer a positive team-oriented culture with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability as well as 401(k) plan with company matching.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 214-493-4086
Equal Opportunity Employer