You can automatically set up Office Outlook 2007 to access your account from the Outlook.com Web site using only your e-mail address and password sign-in information. Currently only the 2007 version of the program is supported.
You can only include one Exchange e-mail account per Outlook profile. For information about Outlook profiles, see Add or remove an e-mail account at the Microsoft Office Online Web site.
How do I set up Outlook 2007 to get my e-mail?
1. Close Outlook 2007 if it's open.
2 . In Control Panel, click Mail.
In Windows XP
a.Click Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Mail. (In Classic view, double-click Mail.)
In Windows Vista
a .Click Start > Control Panel.
b.In the 32-bit edition of Windows Vista, click User Accounts (or User Accounts and Family Safety) > Mail. In the 64-bit edition of Windows Vista, select Additional Options > View 32-bit Control Panel Items, and then double-click Mail. (In Classic view, double-click Mail.)
3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles > Add.
4. Type a name for the profile and then click OK. (As a best practice, give the profile a name that identifies it as the profile for your account on Outlook.com.)
5. When the Add New E-Mail Account dialog box opens, enter your name, e-mail address, and password in the appropriate fields, and then click Next.
6. Outlook 2007 will display a message that asks you to allow a Web site to automatically set up your account. The program runs auto-setup periodically. If you don't want to see this message every time auto-setup runs, select Don't ask me about this website again, and then click Allow.
Outlook 2007 will automatically set up the account. You'll be asked for your user name and password before Outlook 2007 can connect to your account. Make sure you enter your full e-mail address (for example, email@example.com) as your user name. You may be prompted to enter your user name and password several times before you connect.
What else do I need to know?
Before you can connect to your e-mail for the first time with Outlook 2007, you need to complete your account registration with Windows Live. To do this, sign in to your account by browsing to https://outlook.com, click Sign in, and then enter your user name and password to access your e-mail account. When your Windows Live account registration is complete, sign out.
If Auto Account Setup can't successfully connect you to your account, you need to do one or more of the following:
· Wait a few minutes and try again.
· Contact the UNTHSC Helpdesk (817.735.2192 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Report any error you get when you try to connect.