(Applies to most Blackberry Models)
IMAP – Email protocol that allows you to interact with your email (not calendar or contacts) in a real time fashion – for instance, if you open your email using IMAP, your email will show as open in your “real” inbox. Delete an email and it will remove it from your IMAP client as well as your inbox. IMAP also allows you to see the cabinet and folders in your inbox.
POP – Makes a copy of your email (not calendar or contacts) in your POP client. There is no interaction between this copy and your email server once loaded. One advantage to POP is that you will have a fully separate local copy of your email, accessible even when the email server may not be.
1. From the BlackBerry home screen, click BlackBerry Setup > Set up Internet E-mail > Add An Email Account.
2. Type your e-mail address and password (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org), and then click Next.
3. If your BlackBerry device can't determine the appropriate server settings, click I will provide the settings to add this email account.
4. Scroll down and then click Next.
5. Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), and then click Next.
6. Type your user name (for example, email@example.com).
7. Scroll down and type the name of your e-mail server, outlook.com
8. Click Next.
9. Enter the name of the outgoing server, pod51000.outlook.com
10. Click OK to complete the setup.