1. Log into your new Live@UNTHSC account to activate and set a permanent password. Check out the Getting Started guide for assistance.
2. Determine what needs to be moved from GroupWise to Live.
· If current email only, you can set up a “POP subscription” in your Live account. This will pull in all your email for the last 30 days.
· If you need to move cabinet folders from GroupWise, you will need to use Outlook 2007.
o Use the Using Outlook to Migrate GroupWise Email to Live@UNTHSC “How To” found at http://www.hsc.unt.edu/liveatunthsc to use IMAP to move your email and folders from GroupWise to Live.
· If you need to your calendar and personal contacts, they will have to be exported from GroupWise and imported into Live. This is a lengthy process, and must be done using the full GroupWise Windows client (not WebAccess). Contact the Helpdesk for assistance.
3. In GroupWise Webaccess, set up forwarding to your Live account.
· Set a Rule
o Log into WebAccess (http://www.hsc.unt.edu/gw.cfm). Click on Options in the upper right hand corner.
o Click on the Rules Tab
o Drop down the Type: list, and choose Forward.
o Click Create
o Give the Rule a name (i.e. GW to Live FWD)
o Leave the Optional Conditions blank
o Under Define Actions, enter your Live@UNTHSC email address in the To: field
o Leave CC, BC , Subject and Message fields blank
o Click Save
4. Once you are satisfied that you have all the items you need moved into Live, you will need to complete this online GW to Live Migration Form to finish the process. It is very important that you complete this form; not doing so may result in lost email.
5. Within 24-48 hours of completion of the form, your GroupWise account will be permanently closed and all correspondence to both your @hsc.unt.edu and your @live.unthsc.edu will arrive in your Live account. You’re finished!
6. Check out all the great things you can do with your new Live account at http://www.hsc.unt.edu/liveatunthsc (i.e. Over-the-Air synching with your iPhone, mobile access, your 25GB Skydrive for file storage, Calendar sharing etc…)
**We recommend that you notify any non-UNTHSC people that you regularly correspond with that your email address has changed. UNTHSC faculty, staff, and students will automatically have your new address, and your new address will automatically be updated in all UNTHSC sponsored school distribution lists.
**You will need to re-subscribe to any listserv’s, school or otherwise, with your new Live email address. If you can not do this online, you will need to contact the listserv administrator.
Please contact the IR Helpdesk with any questions.