In Outlook Live, users can forward or redirect their email to another account.
Redirect vs Forward - If you use redirect, your email will be redirected to another email address. This rule will redirect the emails as if they came directly from the original sender’s email address. If you use forward, your email will be forwarded to another email address, but you will not be able to reply to the original sender. Forwarded emails will arrive as if the original email came from the LiveAtUNTHSC address. Below are instructions on how to Forward and Redirect your emails.
· Go to http:/ /mail.live.unthsc.edu
· Sign in using your student email address and password.
· Click on Mail
· Click Options (Note: If you are using Internet Explorer 6 skip the next step.)
· Click Organize
· Click Inbox Rules (Note: In Internet Explorer 6 it will only say Rules)
· Click New Rule
· Create a New Rule for Arriving Messages
o Clicking this option opens a new rule window without any of the criteria or actions for your new rule selected. Use the new rule window to select and define the criteria and actions for your rule (i.e. When the message arrives and my name is in the To or CC box, then Do the following > Forward the message to...). Enter a name in the Name box to name the rule. Click Save to save the rule or Cancel to cancel the rule without saving.
· A new Rule Description panel will open
· Click Forward or redirect and then choose Forward the Message to people or distribution lists
· In the left panel, now click people or distribution lists
· An Address Book panel will open. At the bottom, in the To field, type the address you wish to have your mail redirected to.
· Click OK
· Click Save