Email Features and Benefits
Built-In Protection and Anytime/Anywhere Access:
· Each user gets a 10GB email account built on Outlook Live (MS Exchange account with integrated email, calendar, and contacts).
· Students can easily access their email from the browser, Outlook client, POP, IMAP, and a variety of mobile devices.
· Every email transmission is encrypted by default, via TLS encryption (next level of SSL encryption).
Communicate and collaborate with others:
· Improve collaboration and productivity by making it easier to find and share data and schedules from anywhere.
· Students can look up other users in the address book.
· Create and manage distribution groups to collaborate with team members on a project.
· Offers end-users a single inbox to access all of their important communications.
Collaboration Features and Benefits
Collaboration and Virtual File Storage Capabilities:
· In addition to the 10GB email account, each user gets 30GB of virtual file storage and collaboration space in the cloud with Office Live Workspace and Skydrive.
· Office Live Workspace (OLW) provides each user with a 5GB collaborative workspace, to work with others on team projects, share content and information easily with others both inside and outside of HSC.
· Skydrive provides each user with a 25GB virtual file storage location in the cloud. No longer will students have to worry about working on content at the University or saving content on a USB stick in order to have it anywhere … Skydrive is like a USB stick in the cloud, but with added benefits. It allows users to upload their files to the cloud, and then access them from a web browser. SkyDrive makes use of our LiveID service to control access to files the user has put there, allowing them to keep the files private if they want, share with their contacts, or make the files completely public.