How To Get Mail From Other Accounts Into Live@UNTHSC Using POP Subscriptions.
While using your Live@UNTHSC account you may want receive e-mail from other accounts you have on the internet. Live can facilitate this through a feature called 'Pop Subscriptions". Pop subscriptions are useful in migrating mail from older accounts and eliminating the need to visit several sites to check e-mail.
Creating a Pop subscription:
- Establish that your e-mail provides POP access to email. Hotmail and Gmail do provide POP access while some providers do not. The UNTHSC Groupwise sytem and Alumni Email system do provide POP access to e-mail on those sytems.
- Log in to your Live@UNTHSC account.
- Click on the 'Options' link in the upper right.
- Under the section marked 'Other Accounts' click on the 'New' icon.
- You will be asked to provide the full email address and the password of the account to which you are subscribing.
- Live will be able to complete the setup for most accounts at this point and you will see the following dialog screen noting you are done.
- However, if Live is not able to complete the setup you will see the following screen. Click the link in the bottom line stating "If the problem continues, click here to enter connection settings for your other account."
- You will be presented with a dialog box to enter the server specific connection information for your other e-mail account. You'll need to get those settings from your other e-mail provider as they are specific to that account.
- SPECIAL NOTE for current UNTHSC Groupwise or Alumni E-Mail users: The settings above are appropriate if you are connecting to our legacy Alumni E-mail system. To connect to your UNTHSC Groupwise account change the 'Incoming Server' to 'gwpop.hsc.unt.edu'.
- Upon completing the configuration screen you will be taken back to the previous Options screen. You will see you subscriptions listed in the 'Other Accounts' with connecton status directly to the right. The status should read 'Connecting now'. then it does finally connect and retrieve mail from the other account the status will change to 'OK'. this process may take anywhere from 4 to 24 hours.
This page last updated Oct 25, 2010