To improve the health and quality of life for the people of Texas and beyond through excellence in education, research, clinical care and community engagement and to provide national leadership in primary care.
We achieve this mission by:
- Preparing our students in osteopathic medicine, biomedical sciences, public health, physician assistant studies and other health professions for successful careers in health care, research and teaching.
- Advancing the discovery of knowledge through cutting-edge basic and applied research.
- Teaching, practicing and encouraging the effective delivery of primary health care.
- Emphasizing health promotion, disease prevention and public health, with a focus on underserved populations.
- Actively collaborating with other academic institutions, such as other components of the UNT System, health-related organizations and the communities we serve.
- Supporting a culturally diverse environment that advocates mutual respect for all members of the health science center as they strive for excellence.
- Meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students, patients, employees, partners, donors and the people of Texas.