Our changing campus…
To help the HSC family keep up with renovations, office moves, safety and aesthetic improvements, development of the old hospital property, and the progress we make on our Master Facility Plan, Campus Connection has partnered with Facilities Management to publish brief monthly updates. Here’s the first.
- EAD rooms 502, 504, 508, 510 and 512 are being renovated into practice training rooms for the Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine to serve a growing TCOM student body. The work should be completed next week. This will accommodate 20 more OMT tables and 40 more students. New flat panel monitors, a new video system and a new intercom system will also contribute to a more effective teaching and learning environment.
- To help make the OMT improvements possible, the Internal Audit Department has moved from the fifth floor of the EAD to 802 Montgomery, the old Majors Bookstore at the corner of Seventh Street.
- The second floor of the Center for BioHealth is being finished out to house Tech Fort Worth biomedical business incubator projects and labs for Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences faculty.
- The south half of the fourth floor of the Center for BioHealth, about 7,000 square feet, is being finished out to house a core research facility for the Health Science Center’s Physical Medicine Institute. This area will provide a state-of-the-art space for research in orthopedic and manipulative medicine, biomechanics, human performance and neuromusculoskeletal functions. Work is scheduled to be completed in March.
- Ceilings are being upgraded in the Research Building, the Lewis Library and Seminary Clinic.
- Fire alarm upgrades are taking place across campus to improve the reliability of the system.