The inauguration of Dr. Scott B. Ransom is finally here. Be a part of the tradition and fun… come celebrate at these inaugural events!
2 pm at the Fort Worth Convention Center Ballroom
- Everyone is welcome Faculty, staff and students as well as the public are encouraged to attend.
- Clinic schedules UNT Health clinics will be closed Friday after noon so employees can attend, but JPS clinics will remain open.
- Class schedules Classes are cancelled after noon. The only exception is for Year 3 TCOM students who have tests that could not be rescheduled.
- Remember As a state institution of higher education, we must have enough employees on duty (skeleton crew) during this time to conduct the public business of the institution. Employees not attending the ceremony are expected to maintain normal work hours.
- Transportation Buses will run between the Health Science Center and the Convention Center from noon until 6 pm. The HSC pick-up point is on Clifton Street between the East and West Parking Garages. (You can also park at the Convention Center for their normal $6 parking fee.)
Campus Celebration - “World of Pasta-bilities” and Silent Auction
4:30 to 7:00 pm at the Alumni Plaza on campus
- For the UNTHSC “family” Faculty, staff, students, their immediate families and DO Dash participants are invited.
- Good food Free pre-DO Dash “carb-loading” pasta dinner and drinks catered by Blue Mesa.
- Live music The Moo Town Rockers – a band of city administrators by day and rock-and-rollers by night – will provide the live entertainment.
- Surprises There will be all kinds of surprises, including a special drawing for a three-night stay for two at any Fairmont Resort Hotel in the world, courtesy of Travel Service Everywhere. And, thanks to the generous sponsorship of Green Urban Development, Urban Race Street and Milagros Consulting, our Fairmont Resort Hotels giveaway will now include airfare for two! Must be present to win.
- Silent auction Benefits the DO Dash. Auction items include hand-made jewelry, gift certificates and much more.
Saturday, October 20
DO Dash and Community Health Fair
7:30 am - Registration
8:00 am - 5k start
8:45 am - 1k start
8:00 am – noon - Health Fair in West Parking Garage on Clifton Street
Registration and starting line for both races are on Clifton Street, just north of Camp Bowie.
- The Cause The sixth annual 5k and 1k run/walk is sponsored by the TCOM Class of 2010 and benefits colon cancer screening and awareness.
- Registration $15 for adults, $12 for students and faculty, with a $2 additional charge if you register online at fwrunco.com. You can also register at the “World of Pasta-bilities” party and before the race on Saturday. Registration is open to the public.
- The Health Fair Features 25 vendors and is co-sponsored by TCOM and UNT Health. Manipulative and soft tissue treatments, wellness checks, preventative education and more will be available.
- For the kids The Employee Benefits and Action Committee is providing two bounce houses to help keep the kids entertained.
- Listen to the DO Dash radio ad here.
Check the Inauguration Web site for all the details on these events and more.
The Inaugural Gala black-tie fundraiser on Oct. 20 is completely sold out!
Thanks to all faculty, staff, students, volunteers and
sponsors who made all the inaugural events possible.