Join the President’s Fitness Challenge
The UNTHSC President’s Fitness Challenge, a new free program organized by the Founders’ Activity Center, can jump-start your healthy lifestyle on your own terms. The 12-week program is open to all faculty, staff and students and is focused on weight loss and physical activity. It starts with a physical analysis and consultation that will determine a fitness plan that is right for you. After that, you exercise and track your progress on your own. You don’t have to be a member of the Founders’ Activity Center to participate, and there are no mandatory classes or exercise requirements. At the end of the 12 weeks, awards will be given to the participants who made the most progress. The President’s Fitness Challenge runs Feb. 1 – April 25.
The program includes:
- Initial weigh-in and physical analysis (by appointment Jan. 22 – Jan. 30)
- Six weeks of free fitness classes designed specifically for the Fitness Challenge
- 1 – 1:30 pm on Wednesdays and Fridays, starting in March (classes are optional)
- A food and exercise journal for all participants to keep track of their progress
- Online support with fitness tips and healthy recipes
- Awards for the finishers with the highest percentage of weight lost, total inches lost, and highest body fat percentage lost
Contact Nicki McGee, health promotions manager, at ext. 2069 to sign up and schedule an assessment.
The UNT Health Science Center is dedicated to the health of its faculty, staff and students. Along with the President’s Fitness Challenge, the Health Science Center offers health consultations, the PATCH smoking cessation program, the Health Saver Program, and many other health and fitness programs throughout the year. Learn more at the Founders’ Activity Center Web site.