Posted: May 07, 2002
UNT HEALTH SCIENCE CENTER FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR 2002-03
FORT WORTH, Texas—The University of North Texas Health Science Center Foundation has named seven community leaders to serve on its Board of Directors.
The board supports all three of UNT Health Science Center’s graduate schools: the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and the School of Public Health.
Members of the foundation board are:
- Mark Baker, DO, president of Westside Radiology Consultants in Fort Worth, TCOM graduate and a leader of the osteopathic profession. He is president of the Texas Osteopathic Medical Association and speaker of the House of Delegates of the American Osteopathic Association.
- Robert Fernandez, president of Fernandez & Company, a CPA firm in Fort Worth. He also served on the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board from 1996-2001.
- Robert Lansford, senior vice president for Bank One in Fort Worth and a past president of the health science center’s President’s Advisory Council.
- Mary Palko, a Fort Worth resident, who has chaired Texas Sister Cities International and founded Fort Worth Sister Cities International, among numerous other community activities.
- Elizabeth Palmarozzi, DO, a TCOM graduate who serves as assistant professor at UNT Health Science Center, director of its Seminary Clinic and associate residency director for family practice. She is president-elect of the TCOM Alumni Association and a member of the TOMA Board of Directors.
- Joe Thompson, senior vice president with Oncor in Fort Worth, who has served on the foundation board for several years.
- Naresh Vashisht, president and CEO of Omimex Resources Inc. in Fort Worth.
The foundation is a 501(c) 3 organization, specifically structured to provide the gift planning, management, reporting, recognition and stewardship services that donors require.
The board of directors works closely with UNT Health Science Center president Ronald Blanck, DO, and the Office of Institutional Advancement to grow a portfolio of private funds to benefit the people and programs of the health science center.
If you are with the media and need additional information or would like to arrange an interview,
please contact Jeff Carlton, Director of Media Relations, at 817-735-7630.