Posted: March 31, 2010
Public Health Week to include wellness fair, health forum
The UNTHSC School of Public Health and the Public Health Student Association (PHSA) will host Public Health Week April 5 - April 11. This year's theme is "A Healthier America: One Community at a Time."
Monday, April 5
- PHSA officers will provide presentations on "What is Public Health" to local high school students.
Tuesday, April 6
- A Health and Wellness Fair at Alumni Plaza will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- A PHSA meeting with speeches by officers will begin at 4 p.m. in Everett Hall.
- Guest speakers at the meeting will include Epifanio Elizondo, PhD, PA-C, rear admiral, U.S. Public Health Service, assistant surgeon general and regional health administrator.
Wednesday, April 7
- A public health-related movie will be shown in Alumni Plaza from 8:15 p.m. to 10 p.m. In case of rain, the movie will be shown in Luibel Hall.
Thursday, April 8
Friday, April 9
- The North Texas Health Forum will be from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Forth Worth Community Arts Center, 1300 Gendy St.
- A cookout will take place at the Kimball Art Museum Field from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Games will include soccer, Frisbee, jump rope and flag football.
Saturday, April 10
- An African-American Health Expo will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at O.D. Wyatt High School, 2400 E. Seminary Drive.
If you are with the media and need additional information or would like to arrange an interview,
please contact Jeff Carlton, Director of Media Relations, at 817-735-7630.