||Michael M. Patterson, PhD
||Robert D. Foreman, PhD
||Hollis H. King, DO, PhD, FAAO
||John J. Triano, DC, PhD
||Cynthia D. Myers, LMT, PhD
In 2010, the international publishing company, Elsevier, will publish the proceedings of the 2008 international, interdisciplinary conference on somato-visceral interactions that was hosted by The Osteopathic Research Center in Fort Worth, Texas. The book will be titled, The Science and Clinical Application of Manual Therapy.
Editors for the text are Hollis H. King, DO, PhD, FAAO, former associate executive director of the ORC, Wilfrid Jänig, MD, PhD, from Germany, and Michael M. Patterson, PhD. The book will be published by Elsevier’s Amsterdam division.
The book is being authored by many of the key speakers from the conference including Dr. King, Dr. Jänig, Dr. Patterson, Joel Pickar, DC, PhD, Brian S. Budgell, DC, PhD, Michael L. Smith, PhD, Jay Triano, DC, PhD, Robert D. Foreman, PhD, Charles H. Hubscher, PhD, Kerstin Uvnäs-Moberg, MD, PhD, Lisa E. Goehler, PhD, Cheryl Hawk, DC, PhD, Steven George, PT, PhD, and Janet Kahn, PhD, NCBMT.
Major sections headings in the book are:
• Peripheral and Spinal Viscero-Somatic Mechanisms
• Segmental and Suprasegmental Mediation of Somato-Visceral Interactions
• Clinical Impact of Manual Therapy on Physiologic Functions and Systemic Disorders
• Consensus statements on
- Basic Science on Somato-Visceral Interactions – Peripheral and Central: Evidence Base and Implications for Research
- Clinical Applications of Manual Therapy on Physiologic Functions and Systemic Disorders: Evidence Base and Implications for Research
View the Table of Contents for the book
View the final symposium program
Video presentations from this interdisciplinary research conference will be posted to this website this afternoon (8-28-08). They are available for download either as iTunes files or as Windows Media files.