Posted: July 04, 2006
Students Win Excellence Awards at Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine Senior Awards Banquet
The following students were the recipients of the excellence awards at the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine’s senior awards banquet:
· Matthew Messa, DO – Excellence in ER Med Clinical Rotation (recognition from the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine, a certificate and a one-year subscription to a renowned emergency medicine magazine) and Excellence in Internal Medicine (plaque and $500)
· Nathan Seaman – Excellence in Sports Medicine Clinical Rotation & Activity in Sports Medicine Club (a gift certificate from Christopher Mann, DO, and a plaque)
· Leslie Houston, DO – Excellence in Academic and Clinical OB/GYN (plaque and $250)
· Stephanie Reeves, DO – Excellence in Pediatrics (plaque and $300)
· Kevin Stancoven, DO – Excellence in Pathology (plaque and $1,000)
· Dustin Tauferner, DO – Geriatrics in Your Future ($500 and an engraved silver and mahogany clock)
· Eric Lincoln, DO – Excellence in Surgery (plaque and $250)
Dr. Messa, a native of Houston, earned a Master of Science degree in physician assistant studies from the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He will complete his residency in emergency medicine at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, Iowa.
Dr. Seaman, a native of Fort Worth, earned a Bachelor of Music degree in music education from Arizona State University. He will complete his residency in family medicine at Southern Illinois University in Quincy, Ill.
Dr. Houston, a native of Arlington, earned a Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical science from Texas A&M University. She will complete her residency in general surgery at Plaza Medical Center in Fort Worth.
Dr. Reeves, a native of Portland, earned a Bachelor of Science degree in biology from the University of North Texas. She will complete her residency in pediatrics at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.
Dr. Stancoven, a native of Orange, earned a Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical science from Texas A&M University. He will complete his residency in pathology at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas.
Dr. Tauferner, a native of Portland, earned a Master of Science degree in construction management from Texas A&M University. He will complete his residency in emergency medicine at Darnall Army Community Hospital in Fort Hood.
Dr. Lincoln, a native of Fort Worth, earned a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology. He will complete his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Ga.
All of the excellence award recipients received Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degrees from TCOM.
The senior awards banquet was held May 19 at the Fort Worth Club.
If you are with the media and need additional information or would like to arrange an interview,
please contact Jeff Carlton, Director of Media Relations, at 817-735-7630.